5 ways to stay in shape when you're traveling
When you're traveling, it can be hard to stay on top of your fitness routine. But there are some easy ways for women who like fitness to stay in shape while they're away from home. First, pack your workout clothes and any other necessities in a carry-on bag so that you can always have them with you when you go through security. Next, find out what's available at the hotel gym before booking your room - many hotel gyms will offer free weights as well as cardio machines or even a yoga studio!
- Swim laps at your hotel pool. Swimming is one of those great exercises you can do anytime - not to mention it's fun! With swimming you tone muscles while providing endurance training as well. While some people might think swimming only provides cardio benefits, this exercise actually works out most major parts of our body.
- Adding a weight to your arm is an effective way of staying engaged in different, but still challenging exercises. You don't need any heavy weights - even something as light as one or two pounds can make the difference between boredom and enjoyment!
- Resistance bands are an excellent way to mix up your workouts and stay active while traveling. They're lightweight, don't take any room in the suitcase, and can be used anywhere you go!
- Rent bicycles and explore new cities on two wheels instead. You'll get a full body, heart pumping workout as well as see more than if you walked or took public transportation!
- Bring clothes that are light weight so they can be easily washed and dried. All of our offerings at Glitteractive are sweat-resistant and dry quickly. We especially love the Biker Shorts and Forme Top for versatility in any climate.
We hope you're staying active on your vacation! You can still stay in shape while away from home. Here are a few of our favorite tips for making sure this happens. What's the best way to keep yourself fit and healthy when traveling? Do any of these tricks work for you? Let us know how it goes, we want to hear all about it!